Lot’s of People are getting a message like below from past few days.
Reliance Jio is giving free 25GB
Data Daily for 3-Months
Download the app now and
Register to activate the offer.
Beware! It will not give you any 25GB data. It is Fake Jio Prime App, It’s a very dangerous virus which can harm you and your device a lot.
Table of Contents
Here I am attaching a screenshot which some of my friends got.
Website Looks Like This.
What is Inside the App?
- It downloads a direct apk package which is not safe.
- It looks like the same as MY JIO App.
- It has the same UI/UX has all the JIO apps usually have.
- It takes all the permissions from your phone and read all the data like contacts and messages.
- It also tells you to share the app to collect the 100points.
- If you get 100points, they claim to provide you Jio 25GB Free Data
- Our expert developers checked the application and we found that it contains a virus.
How do we know that It’s a hoax?
- Sender ID, It says which is Rahul Moliya which is one of a friend and not the official JIO’s sender id.
- Reliance Jio hasn’t announced any such offer on its official website https://www.jio.com
- LINK which is TinyURL, a Url Shortener, Which Jio may not use, they have their own shortener.
- It downloads an APK which direct android app and not the play store.
Unsurprisingly, We found It’s a fake app, but a serious thing is, It contains a malware which is a type of a virus (not exactly).
What does it do?
- Steals your data including all the contacts.
- Sends a message to your all the contacts using your name (It will cost you SMS Charges too)
- As they send SMS from your phone’s data, people might think this message is sent by you and will trust it.
- It misguides people and spreads the rumor about jio prime offer using your name.
- They can also sell your all the contacts unauthorized to anyone in the black market.
- You may get lots of spam calls and messages which may include marketing, loan, and insurance companies.
- Isn’t it scary?? don’t worry read further.
So, What should I do?
- Revoke all the permissions of the application first in settings.
- Uninstall this application immediately from your phone, if you can not uninstall the app directly then force stop first and then uninstall it.
- Advice your friends to not to click on these type of URLs and stay safe.
- Inform your friends and share them this article to aware them about the virus.
- Block Unknown Sender which sends you these type of messages frequently, also report to the messenger app.
- Install Spam Protection messenger app available on play store.
- You can also install a mobile antivirus application like quick heal.
- Comment if you want any help from our experts.
Beware of these type of online frauds, Let me know in the comments about these hoax.
Take Care, Stay Safe, Jay Hind.